Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Jonathan Hurley <jh...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/02/24 18:00:09 UTC

Maven Headaches Today

Hi All,

It seems as though https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/eac00e7b2c7d6efde278be1f8ae6f419c38166dd is causing developers some troubles this morning. This commit removes some Java files from ambari-server and puts a dependency on ambari-metrics-common-2.0.0.JAR. The problem is that this JAR file is not able to be built properly from the command line and injected into your ~.m2 repository.

I was able to resolve this by rebuilding from the amber root:

mvn clean compile install package -DskipTests

This created the ambari-metrics-common-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar file. However, I then needed to have my IDE update all Maven dependencies to pick it up.

I think that there is something wrong with the Ambari build in general; building directly from ambari-metrics should work, so I’ll open a Jira for that today. Hopefully if you run into this, the above command will get the right dependency setup in your maven repo.

Re: Maven Headaches Today

Posted by Robert Levas <rl...@hortonworks.com>.
I was able to get around this by compiling and installing
ambari-metrics-common:

From, .../ambari/ambari-metrics/ambari-metrics-common

	mvn clean compile install package -DskipTests

Then ambari-server was able to compile properly.

Rob