Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bert Van Kets <be...@vankets.com> on 2004/02/13 23:24:39 UTC

Woody and database

Hi all,
I'm using mySQL and Cocoon 2.1.4 and have to start creating a bunchload of
web forms.
What is the best way to connect a database to Woody? I checked out the OJB
block, but find it a bit cumbersome for complex forms.
Any suggestions?

Bert

Re: Woody and database

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Bert Van Kets dijo:
> Hi all,
> I'm using mySQL and Cocoon 2.1.4 and have to start creating a bunchload of
> web forms.
> What is the best way to connect a database to Woody? I checked out the OJB
> block, but find it a bit cumbersome for complex forms.
> Any suggestions?

We are using OJB in 2 applications both have cca 400 fields. And OJB works
fine in this environment. We use OJB+Woody+Flow (MVC).

For an overview of how it can be done:

http://db.apache.org/ojb/howto-build-mappings.html

Hope this help.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: Woody and database

Posted by Philippe Guillard <pg...@soociety.com>.
Bert,

I'm a newbie, but for what i checked myself with my mysql:
-Woody+ModDB Actions are easy to implement but not so robust
-Woody+JDO+Flow more complicated but more robust. Advantage you can have
flow.
- I use ESQL to read

So i plan to use the 3 !

Phil