Posted to user@spark.apache.org by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/19 20:42:46 UTC

Problem with Java and Scala interoperability // streaming

Hi All,

I get the following errors whichever way I try either lambda or generics. I
am using
spark 2.1 and scalla 2.11.8

StreamingContext ssc = StreamingContext.getOrCreate(hdfsCheckpointDir,
() -> {return createStreamingContext();}, null, false);

ERROR

StreamingContext ssc = StreamingContext.getOrCreate(hdfsCheckpointDir,
() -> {return createStreamingContext();}, null, false);

*multiple non-overriding abstract methods found in interface Function0*

Note: Some messages have been simplified; recompile with
-Xdiags:verbose to get full output

1 error

:compileJava FAILED

StreamingContext ssc = StreamingContext.getOrCreate(hdfsCheckpointDir,
new Function0<StreamingContext>() {
    @Override
    public StreamingContext apply() {
        return createStreamingContext();
    }
}, null, false);

ERROR

*is not abstract and does not override abstract method apply$mcV$sp()
in Function0*

StreamingContext ssc = StreamingContext.getOrCreate(hdfsCheckpointDir,
new Function0<StreamingContext>() {

^

1 error

:compileJava FAILED

Thanks!

Re: Problem with Java and Scala interoperability // streaming

Posted by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com>.
works now! thanks much!

Posted by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com>.
oops my bad. I see it now! sorry.

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.

--
Marcelo

Re: Problem with Java and Scala interoperability // streaming

Posted by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.

--
Marcelo