Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Tim Van Steenburgh <va...@users.sf.net> on 2013/11/08 05:46:51 UTC

[allura:tickets] #6694 Form to send message to a user - NEEDS CONFIGTREE

- **summary**: Form to send message to a user --> Form to send message to a user - NEEDS CONFIGTREE
- **status**: code-review --> closed

---

** [tickets:#6694] Form to send message to a user - NEEDS CONFIGTREE**

**Status:** closed
**Labels:** 42cc
**Created:** Fri Sep 20, 2013 07:15 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Thu Nov 07, 2013 08:46 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

User profile pages should have a link to send a message to a user.  This would send an email to their primary email address on record (if an email address is set).  Similar to SourceForge's old https://sourceforge.net/sendmessage.php?touser=2904855

The sender address should be the actual email address of the sender, so that the recipient may reply.

We should include rate limiting so that a user cannot send too many messages.  The old SF one has rate limiting implemented as: a mongo collection that stores {_id: user id, times: [array of times when messages sent]} and 2 config values for max # of messages and time interval.  When accessing the form or posting the form, check to see if the times array and delete any older than the config interval, if the size of the array is larger than the config max # messages, show an error to the user.  When posting the form successfully, append a new timestamp to the 'times' array.

Include an option to CC the sender.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/

Re: [allura:tickets] #6694 Form to send message to a user - NEEDS CONFIGTREE

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
Our convention of putting dependencies/requirements in ALL CAPS at the
end of a title is useful for changelogs (both ASF releases and
SourceForge-internal code releases), but as a minor note of terminology
let's s/CONFIGTREE/INI/ as the former is SourceForge-specific and INI
files apply to everyone.

On 11/07/2013 11:46 PM, Tim Van Steenburgh wrote:
>   * *summary*: Form to send message to a user --> Form to send message
>     to a user - NEEDS CONFIGTREE
>   * *status*: code-review --> closed

> *[tickets:#6694] <http://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/6694/> Form to
> send message to a user - NEEDS CONFIGTREE*
>
> *Status:* closed
> *Labels:* 42cc
> *Created:* Fri Sep 20, 2013 07:15 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
> *Last Updated:* Thu Nov 07, 2013 08:46 PM UTC
> *Owner:* nobody
>
> User profile pages should have a link to send a message to a user. This
> would send an email to their primary email address on record (if an
> email address is set). Similar to SourceForge's old
> https://sourceforge.net/sendmessage.php?touser=2904855
>
> The sender address should be the actual email address of the sender, so
> that the recipient may reply.
>
> We should include rate limiting so that a user cannot send too many
> messages. The old SF one has rate limiting implemented as: a mongo
> collection that stores {_id: user id, times: [array of times when
> messages sent]} and 2 config values for max # of messages and time
> interval. When accessing the form or posting the form, check to see if
> the times array and delete any older than the config interval, if the
> size of the array is larger than the config max # messages, show an
> error to the user. When posting the form successfully, append a new
> timestamp to the 'times' array.
>
> Include an option to CC the sender.

Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal