Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nathan Wells <Na...@dtn.com> on 2007/05/10 21:46:31 UTC

SOAP 1.1 Messages with Axis 1.4

I have built a web service client in Java using Axis 1.4.  When I call
the web service, the server responds with an HTTP 415 error because the
content type of the message is 'application/soap+xml; charset=UTF-8'
instead of 'text/xml; charset=utf-8'.  The developer responsible for the
server suggested using SOAP 1.1 instead of SOAP 1.2.

Does anyone know how to specify that the SOAP messages Axis 1.4 creates
conform to SOAP 1.1 instead of 1.2?  I didn't see any obvious way of
doing it, however, I did see there is a class named SOAP11Constants in
org.apache.axis.soap.

BTW - we are locked into using Axis 1.4, so we just can't switch to an
earlier version of the Axis library.

Any ideas, suggestions, or general direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nate

--
Nathan Wells

information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.