Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jay <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/22 07:30:18 UTC

Password changing

HI:
  im trying to learn lenya,for last couples of weeks. im trying to add
usecase to change the passwords but not getting through it. im using lenya
1.2.4 with tomcat 5.0, i am trying to implement
Revision 412987 of 'andreas' but not sure how to implement it. like i dont
know where to place these file
1)
Directorylenya/trunk/src/webapp/lenya/config/cocoon-xconf/usecases/admin/usecase-admin-changePassword.xconf
2)
Directorylenya/trunk/src/webapp/lenya/config/cocoon-xconf/usecases/admin/usecase-admin-changePasswordAdmin.xconf

As my lenya does not have cocoon-xconf folder after ...lenya/config
folder??? Also please tell me how and when  'changePassword.jx' is used.
thanks in advance.

Re: Password changing

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@wyona.com>.
El mar, 22-08-2006 a las 03:12 -0700, Jay escribió:
> well my admin page in lenya does not have any change password page, not even
> on online demo lenya
> :(
> can you tell specify me that URL??

I think something like
http://lenya.zones.apache.org:8888/default/admin/users/lenya.html

but that return
ATM /export/home/lenya/src/lenya-1.2.x/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/content/admin/users/lenya/users/lenya.xsp

Not sure why.

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler
COO Spain

Re: Password changing

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Password changing

Posted by Jay <ja...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Password changing

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jay wrote:
> i hav added menu item as following for changing passwrd in generic.xsp
>
> <block>
> 	<!--  change password -->
> 	  <item uc:usecase="changePassword" href="?"><i18n:text>Change
> Password</i18n:text></item>
> 	  <item uc:usecase="logout" href="?"><i18n:text>Logout</i18n:text></item>
> 	</block>
>
> and in sitemap.xmap i hav also add the following lines
> <map:flow language="javascript"> <map:script
> src="lenya/content/ac/passwd.js" /> </map:flow>
> <map:match type="usecase" pattern="changePassword">
> 	 <map:call function="passwd"/>
> 	 	<map:match pattern="passwd-*-screen">
>         	<map:generate type="serverpages"
> src="content/ac/passwd-input-screen.xsp"/>
>         <map:transform src="xslt/ac/simple-page2html.xsl"/>
>        <map:transform src="xslt/util/strip_namespaces.xsl"/>
>           <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
>       </map:match>
> 	  </map:match>
>
> but when i click on 'change password' from file menu in browser, it gives a
> blank page no errror, nothing is shown. please help me sort out this
> problem, it looks im missing continuation part, but im not able to get
> through continuation nor i hav i implemented it ever before.

You don't need to change anything in the sitemap, you just have
to add the menu item. But beware that you have to link to the
user's page in the admin area, and not just add the uc:usecase attribute.

Go to the "change password" page in the admin area, look at the URL,
and build this URL in the menu XSP.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann
andreas.hartmann@wyona.com                     andreas@apache.org

Re: Password changing

Posted by Jay <ja...@yahoo.com>.

Jay wrote:
> if you dont mind, please explain how and where should i add menu item of
> changing password.

You can add it to the menu file (<pub>/config/menus/generic.xsp IIRC).

-- Andreas

Re: Password changing

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Re: Password changing

Posted by Jay <ja...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Password changing

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Re: Password changing

Posted by Jay <ja...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Password changing

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jay wrote:
> HI:
>   im trying to learn lenya,for last couples of weeks. im trying to add
> usecase to change the passwords but not getting through it. im using lenya
> 1.2.4 with tomcat 5.0, i am trying to implement
> Revision 412987 of 'andreas' but not sure how to implement it. like i dont
> know where to place these file
> 1)
> Directorylenya/trunk/src/webapp/lenya/config/cocoon-xconf/usecases/admin/usecase-admin-changePassword.xconf
> 2)
> Directorylenya/trunk/src/webapp/lenya/config/cocoon-xconf/usecases/admin/usecase-admin-changePasswordAdmin.xconf
 >
 > As my lenya does not have cocoon-xconf folder after ...lenya/config
 > folder??? Also please tell me how and when  'changePassword.jx' is used.
 > thanks in advance.

It looks like you're trying to use the 1.4 usecase framework with 1.2 ...
Would you mind explaining a little more detailed what you're trying to achieve?

Thanks!

-- Andreas