Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/05 03:12:56 UTC

[VOTE] Release Ivy 2.0.0-beta1

I have built a release candidate for Ivy 2.0.0-beta1

You can download it from this URL:
http://people.apache.org/~xavier/ivy/staging/2.0.0-beta1/

Do you vote for the release of these binaries?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Regards,

Xavier, Ivy 2.0.0-beta1 release manager

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: [VOTE] Release Ivy 2.0.0-beta1

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Xavier Hanin <Xa...@sas.com> writes:

> [...]

updated the one on www.apache.org from svn so it shpuld become
available in time for the Ivy release.

Stefan

RE: [VOTE] Release Ivy 2.0.0-beta1

Posted by Xavier Hanin <Xa...@sas.com>.

Xavier

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 5, 2007 6:06 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have built a release candidate for Ivy 2.0.0-beta1
> >
> > You can download it from this URL:
> > http://people.apache.org/~xavier/ivy/staging/2.0.0-beta1/<http://people.apache.org/%7Exavier/ivy/staging/2.0.0-beta1/>
> >
> > Do you vote for the release of these binaries?
> >
> > [X] Yes
> > [ ] No
>
> I didn't find the user notice for the crypto stuff in the binary
> distibution, but this can wait for the next beta/rc/final release.

I've opened a JIRA task to make sure we don't forget that for next release.

> Xavier, please add your PGP key to the KEYS file in Ant's svn.  The
> KEYS file in www.apache.org/dist/ant is a checked out version of it
> and we avoid maintaining two files that way.

Done.

Thanks for your vote!

Xavier

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Xavier Hanin <Xa...@sas.com>.

Indeed, sounds like a good change to make. Since this pom is generated using makepom, I guess we'll have to make some changes to makepom too.

> Also in the pom, I think it would be better to use
Ok, I didn't know that, but if we need to update the pom (and makepom) let's update this too.

> By the way, did someone already run RAT against it?
I didn't.

BTW, if we need to make an update to the release, what do you think of merging the FIX I've just commited on trunk (svn revision 601489)? It's fixing some concurrency issues found with the new cache locking mechanism, I've now made more tests in real life in a pretty high concurrency use case (hundreds of modules, tens of concurrent processes on tens of machines, all using the same cache) and it's working well... with this fix.

Xavier

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> By the way, did someone already run RAT against it?

I haven't, but plan to do so on the second bundle.  I need to
re-install RAT and was hoping for it to migrate to the ASF quicker
than it does.

Stefan

RE: [VOTE] Release Ivy 2.0.0-beta1

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.