Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by John Yost <ho...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/17 11:15:19 UTC

what should go in myriad-commons package, and do we need it?

Hi Everyone,

I noticed there are only three classes and no JUnit tests in the
myriad-commons sub-project. All three of those classes appear to be closely
coupled to classes in myriad-executor and myriad-scheduler. Is there a
definitive need for the myriad-commons sub-project?

I can see where it may be a good idea to move the
org.apache.myriad.scheduler.constraint package over to myriad-commons, and
there may be others as well. Otherwise, I am not sure we need this separate
sub-project. But, I may be missing something, including future anticipated
packages and classes.

What do y'all think?

--John