Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by alan leung <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/20 00:32:55 UTC

acknowledgment from web browser

I have a servlet serves files for web browser.

How can Servket knows if the HTTP web browser had:
1) finished download 100% of the file, or;
2) only downloaded 50% of the file then click cancel,
or;
3) only downloaded 70% then reboot the machine

-- If user had downloaded the whole file. user cannot
re-download the file again.
-- If user click cancel in the middle or didn't
download 100% of a file --> server will know this and
user can download it again.

i think the TCP/IP layer (socket) will keep track of
acknowledgment send back from client. but how do i
implement this in my servlet?

i also heard there is a bug in tomcat prevent from
counting # bytes client receive if use with apache web
server. since acknowledgment is send back to apache
server but not tomcat.

thanks.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

mod_jk

Posted by Ngu Nguyen <ng...@anomalyinc.com>.
Hi,

I am trying to build mod_jk with the following command:

/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs -o
mod_jk.so -I../jk -I/usr/local/jdk1.3.0_02/include -I/usr/local/jdk1.3.0_02/
include/linux -c *.c ../jk/*.c

but I get the following error messages:

gcc -DLINUX=22 -DMOD_SSL=208102 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/ex
pat-lite -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE -I/usr/local/apache/include -I../jk -I/usr/lo
cal/jdk1.3.0_02/include -I/usr/local/jdk1.3.0_02/include/linux  -c *.c
gcc: *.c: No such file or directory
gcc: No input files
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=1

Does anyone know what that means??  In the build it points at "../jk", I
donot have that directory.  Could anyone tell me where to find that "jk:
directory.

Thanks,

Ngu

JSP

Posted by Ngu Nguyen <ng...@anomalyinc.com>.

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me.  I just need JSP to run on my Apache
server on Linux6.2.  I tried to run tomcat with the jserv module, but I am
getting a bunch of errors when I include tomcat_apache.org.  It doesn;t like
anything (e.g. Order deny allow, Alias ...).  Does anyone have an easy
installation guide that I can follow, cause I am not understanding any of
the Installation guides given with the tomcat distribution.

Thanks,

Ngu