Posted to users@maven.apache.org by EP...@upstate.com on 2003/02/25 20:16:40 UTC

RE: HELP!

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/start/index.html

This is a good place to start.

Also for plugins:
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/reference/plugins/index.html

good luck!
Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: MNewcomb@tacintel.com [mailto:MNewcomb@tacintel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 2:20 PM
To: turbine-maven-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: HELP!

Ok.  Maven looks like the shiz...

However, how do you use it!

This is the a first in what will be an ongoing series, so bear with me.

Questions:
1. what is java:jar?  What-in-the-hell does it do?  Are there other java:XXX
'things'?
2. is there a required directory structure?
3. how does maven automagically downloaded dependent jars?

<dependency>
  <id>ant</id>
  <version>1.5.1</version>
  <url>http://ant.apache.org/</url>
</dependency>

This is not enough information to download the jar file...???

4. I built commons CLI and it downloaded much more than what it had as
dependencies.
5. how do I get Maven to build me a site that uses JSPs as well as static
html?

Thanks,
Michael