Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2009/10/07 14:35:26 UTC

About 0.19 branch and release

Hello all,

IMO, Hama-0.19 (based on Hadoop/Hbase 0.19 and Map/Reduce) doesn't
have a chance to improve functionality and performance. The
pre-computation (e.g., blocking,..) is too heavy to avoid locality
problem. So, I'd like to release it as a simple version and focus on
new developments based on BSP model and Map/Reduce.

WDYT?

edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org

Re: About 0.19 branch and release

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Thanks for your opinion.

> I think we should do that, as BSP will change the entire architecture. My only suggestion would be to have an architecture diagram as to how we would approach the BSP model.

Fortunately interfaces won't change. ;) Yes, we should organize our
plan on the wiki.

Posted by "Vaijanath N. RAo" <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Edward,