Posted to dev@sdap.apache.org by Riley Kuttruff <rk...@apache.org> on 2023/03/21 23:26:38 UTC

[DISCUSS] Component versions

We currently have 3 release artifacts. In the event that we make a new release but one of the artifacts is unchanged, do we re-release that artifact with a bumped version?

For example: The nexusproto repository is unlikely to be changed soon. Should we not have it in future release cycles but keep the v1.0.0 tarball linked as the most recent version of that component on our downloads page?

We are still discussing how best to combine the SDAP components into one release artifact but could use some guidance in the meantime.

-Riley