Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by J Pai <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/21 05:14:09 UTC

Ivy - What roles do some of these (internal) resolution files play?

I’ve been going through some of the Ivy code recently and have a few related questions. Some of my basic testing shows that a “resolve” of a module produces the following (internal) files:

I see that the properties file does get used in some places, but haven’t fully grasped the details about it. When is it really used and what exact role does it play? Same question with the XML file in #2.

From what I see the resolution report per configuration of the module (the #1) has all the necessary information about the resolution. Would it not be enough for any kind of post-resolution activities? In other words, internally, can it be used exclusively (as a single source of truth) without the need of the files in #2 and #3?

-Jaikiran