Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Chitrangada Sarkar <Ch...@atosorigin.com> on 2010/03/08 07:06:51 UTC

How to provide default sorting as descending order to a grid?

Hi ,

We have developed a customised grid component using  the grid.class.I want
to provide default sorting as descending order.For this i have provided a
sorting model similar to that of DefaultGridSortModel but the value of a
sortColumnId is not getting persisted,so unable to do any sorting.Any idea
why is this happening or any other way to provide the default sorting order?

Thanks,
Chitrangada

Re: How to provide default sorting as descending order to a grid?

Posted by Stephan Windmüller <st...@cs.tu-dortmund.de>.
On 08.03.2010 07:06 Chitrangada Sarkar wrote:

> We have developed a customised grid component using  the grid.class.I want
> to provide default sorting as descending order.For this i have provided a
> sorting model similar to that of DefaultGridSortModel but the value of a
> sortColumnId is not getting persisted,so unable to do any sorting.Any idea
> why is this happening or any other way to provide the default sorting order?

Simple solution: Use a sorted List for the input of the Grid. Then your
default sorting order will work and you are still able to change it in
your application.

HTH
  Stephan