Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com> on 2012/07/06 13:01:58 UTC

signing off patches

After reviewing patches on *review board* downloaded the patch using "Download Diff". The downloaded patch removes the author information.
Is it the right way to download patch or is there some problem with the download functionality ?

-abhi

Re: signing off patches

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 02/08/2012, at 7:23 AM, Ewan Mellor <Ew...@eu.citrix.com> wrote:

> We are using a shared ASF install of Review Board, yes.  That doesn't have to be the case though -- it's up to us to decide which tools we want to use.
>
> Of course, the cost of going from zero mods to 1 is going to be large, because someone would need to volunteer to install and manage our own instance of Review Board (or whatever else we decide to use).  We chose to use the ASF instance for exactly that reason.

Another option is to request whatever enhancements are needed on the ASF install (and volunteer to help). If they are generally useful, the infra team would certainly welcome that.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

RE: signing off patches

Posted by Ewan Mellor <Ew...@eu.citrix.com>.
We are using a shared ASF install of Review Board, yes.  That doesn't have to be the case though -- it's up to us to decide which tools we want to use.

Of course, the cost of going from zero mods to 1 is going to be large, because someone would need to volunteer to install and manage our own instance of Review Board (or whatever else we decide to use).  We chose to use the ASF instance for exactly that reason.

Ewan.

Re: signing off patches

RE: signing off patches

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com>.