Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by ma...@sedonacorp.com on 2001/03/23 21:23:58 UTC

errors trying to use xslt transformer in servlet

I'm using jakarta-tomcat version 3.2.1 as my servlet engine, and
i'm running into errors trying to run the transformer.  The files work
fine from the command line app included with the FOP package, but I get
the following error trying to run from a servlet:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method
getLocalName()Ljava/lang/String; not found
        at
org.apache.xpath.DOM2Helper.getLocalNameOfNode(DOM2Helper.java:326)
        at
org.apache.xalan.templates.TemplateList.getHead(TemplateList.java:471)
        at
org.apache.xalan.templates.TemplateList.getTemplate(TemplateList.java:528)
        at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemForEach.transformSelectedNodes(ElemForEach.java:432)
        at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemApplyTemplates.execute(ElemApplyTemplates.java:193)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2154)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2097)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.applyTemplateToNode(TransformerImpl.java:2029)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerImpl.java:1189)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:2894)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)

I'll attach my java file and two very simple xsl and xml files which can
product my problem.

I would assume that maybe it's either:
	a) I'm missing a system property or
	b) Something in the jakarta distribution is conflicting with the xalan
transform

--
Matt Inger (matt.inger@sedonacorp.com)
Sedona Corporation