Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/14 22:59:51 UTC

[rng] upgrading commons parent 47 to 48

Is there anything in particular to look out for when upgrading the parent?

Currently there are some version overrides that can be removed if updated to CP 48.

I was just going to try it and inspect reports in a full site build.

Alex

Re: [rng] upgrading commons parent 47 to 48

Posted by Alex Herbert <al...@gmail.com>.
So I tried updating to parent 48 from parent 47.

This all worked OK except for the change of jxr from 2.5 to 3.0.0. The
jxr:aggregate report goal calls the 'compile' goal with forking. When the
compile forks it fails on the Java 9 modules that require module info from
other packages. The compile should be run in serial mode. So a downgrade to
JXR 2.5 fixes this.

Anyway travis fails to build on Java 7 as some of the updated plugins are
in Java 8. The release notes for commons parent did not mention this.

Since there is no actual need to update to parent 48 from the project code
requirements the best option seems to be to stay on parent 47. Unless
someone has a workaround solution?