Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Shashank Singh <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/04 21:20:36 UTC

new consumer API & release 0.8.3

Hi

I am eager to get to use the enhanced Consumer API which provides better
control in terms of offset management etc. As I believe from reading
through forums it is coming as part of 0.8.3 release. However there is no
tentative date for the same.

Can you please give any hint on that. Also which is the best forum to ask
questions on how these new APIs are shaping up and the details about the
same..

--

*Warm Regards,*

*Shashank  *

*Mobile: +91 9910478553 *

*Linkedin: in.linkedin.com/pub/shashank-singh/13/763/906/
<http://in.linkedin.com/pub/shashank-singh/13/763/906/>*

Re: new consumer API & release 0.8.3

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.
Hey Shashank,

If you'd like to get started with the new consumer, I urge you to checkout
trunk and take it for a spin. The API is still a little unstable, but I
doubt that changes from here on will be too dramatic. If you have any
questions or run into any issues, this mailing list is a great place to get
help.

Also, I think 0.8.3 is starting to get closer, but I'm not sure that any
specific dates have been announced.

Thanks,
Jason