Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by "Zhong, Yanghong" <nj...@126.com> on 2016/03/26 00:36:54 UTC

About the function of the "Refresh" button under tab "System"

Under tab “System”, there’s a “Refresh” button. At the first sight, my understanding is that kylin reads the configuration file “kylin.properties” and reset the cache. However, based on code, kylin just shows the cache contents. It seems this button is for the right side button “Set Config”. After we set or update a value for a configuration property, it only updates the cache without UI.

How about this?
After a property be updated by “Set Config”, the left TextArea’s contents be updated automatically.
After the “refresh” button clicked for “Server Config”, kylin loads contents from the configuration file “kylin.properties” and updates the UI.

Best regards,
Yanghong Zhong
yangzhong@ebay.com <ma...@ebay.com>

Re: About the function of the "Refresh" button under tab "System"

Posted by "Zhong, Yanghong" <nj...@126.com>.
I agree with the influence of clearing all the changes being made and the risk of reseting the configuration. Thanks.

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Zhong, Yanghong <nj...@126.com>
wrote:

> After a property be updated by “Set Config”, the left TextArea’s contents
> be updated automatically.

​this  looks great to me
​