Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tim Bachta <tb...@kopent.com> on 2003/05/09 17:36:40 UTC

Dynamic pages with PDF output

Hello all,

I am very new to cocoon, less than a week playing with it now and I am
having trouble.  What attracted me to cocoon is the ability of multiple
outputs from a single source.  The problem I am having is getting my xsp
page to show in pdf format.  Is it possible and if so how are you
supposed to do it?  Please help me, thanks.

Re: Dynamic pages with PDF output

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hello Tim,

two resources can be found at the Cocoon website:

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/serializers/pdf-serializer.html
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/howto/howto-html-pdf-publishing.html

Another one are the samples on your locally running Cocoon.

Joerg

Posted by Albert Cervera Areny <in...@sedifa.com>.
> Hello all,
>

> I am very new to cocoon, less than a week playing with it now and I am
> having trouble.  What attracted me to cocoon is the ability of multiple
> outputs from a single source.  The problem I am having is getting my xsp
> page to show in pdf format.  Is it possible and if so how are you
> supposed to do it?  Please help me, thanks.

Of course it is possible. The idea is that you develop your xsp page and
then use a transformer (.xsl) to convert your xml format into xsl-fo. If
you don't know anything about this format look at
http://xml.apache.org/fop/

Finally you'll use something like this in your sitemap file:

<map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>

You can find some examples on how to do this with cocoon.
It is very powerfull and it isn't very difficult but you might need a book
or a good reference to do some nice things with it.

Albert Cervera Areny
Dept. Informàtica Sedifa, S.L.

Av. Can Bordoll, 149
08202 - Sabadell (Barcelona)