Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Sean McMahon <sm...@usgs.gov> on 2007/02/07 21:10:22 UTC

having trouble with perlcc and a program which contains 3 modules.

I have a program which three files, one which does not have an extention, and 2
which have the .pm extention.  The file without an extention is the main
program.  According to the perlcc man page, I should be able to type something
like perlcc programname -o newprogram and get an executable.  Perlcc tells me
that it can't compile which can't happen.  Byte compiling the program generates
no errors, but I don't kknow if it's doing what I want.  Apparently I can't
byte-compile the .pm files.  typing perlcc module.pm, perlcc tells me that
compiling of shared objects is disabled.  How do I make an executable of this
program.  My perl version is:
perl V 5.8.6 built for sun4-solaris-thread.
thanks
Sean
PS.  If there's a more appropriate list for my question please direct me to it.

RE: having trouble with perlcc and a program which contains 3 modules.

Posted by "Richter, Gerald" <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

This is wrong list. Embperl is about embedding Perl into Webpages.

Maybe lists.perl.org helps you to find the correct list

Gerald

Besuchen Sie uns auf der CeBIT (15.-21.3.2007): Halle 4 Stand A4 (E.T.C.F)
Gerald Richter       ECOS electronic communication services GmbH

Post:       Tulpenstrasse 5            D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de            Voice:   +49 6133 939-122
WWW:        http://www.BB-5000.info    Fax:     +49 6133 939-333

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Dienheim; AG Mainz HRB 6889; GF: W.Heck, G.Richter