Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/05 14:16:31 UTC

A "tar.bz2" file in Apache Tomcat migration tool (1.0.2)

Hi!

Not a showstopper, but some oddity.

Looking at Maven artifacts for release candidate of
Apache Tomcat migration tool for Jakarta EE 1.0.2
in maven staging repository,

I am curious why does there exist the following file:
"jakartaee-migration-1.0.2-src.tar.bz2"

The files:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1386/org/apache/tomcat/jakartaee-migration/1.0.2/

1. There already exists "jakartaee-migration-1.0.2-src.tar.gz".

It is the first time I see a *.bz2 file in our distributions.

2. Looking at the source code,
I do not see where it comes from.

pom.xml:

[[[
        <!-- NOTE: We don't need a groupId specification because the group is
             org.apache.maven.plugins ...which is assumed by default.
         -->
        <version>3.4.2</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>make-assembly</id>
            <goals>
              <goal>single</goal>
            </goals>
            <phase>package</phase>
            <configuration>
              <descriptors>
                <descriptor>src/assembly/bin.xml</descriptor>
                <descriptor>src/assembly/src.xml</descriptor>
              </descriptors>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>
]]]

src/assembly/bin.xml:
src/assembly/src.xml:
both have the following:

[[[
  <formats>
    <format>tar.gz</format>
    <format>zip</format>
  </formats>
]]]

There is no "tar.bz2" above.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: A "tar.bz2" file in Apache Tomcat migration tool (1.0.2)

Posted by Han Li <li...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

When I rebuilt 1.0.1, I saw the bz2 file. The logs are as follows.

[INFO] --- maven-assembly-plugin:3.4.0:single (source-release-assembly) @ jakartaee-migration ---
[INFO] Building tar: /Users/lihan/IdeaProjects/tomcat-jakartaee-migration/target/jakartaee-migration-1.0.1-src.tar.gz
[INFO] Building tar: /Users/lihan/IdeaProjects/tomcat-jakartaee-migration/target/jakartaee-migration-1.0.1-src.tar.bz2   <<<<<<<<
[INFO] Building zip: /Users/lihan/IdeaProjects/tomcat-jakartaee-migration/target/jakartaee-migration-1.0.1-src.zip
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-assembly-plugin:3.4.0:single (make-assembly) @ jakartaee-migration ---
[INFO] Reading assembly descriptor: src/assembly/bin.xml
[INFO] Reading assembly descriptor: src/assembly/src.xml
[INFO] Building tar: /Users/lihan/IdeaProjects/tomcat-jakartaee-migration/target/jakartaee-migration-1.0.1-bin.tar.gz
[INFO] Building zip: /Users/lihan/IdeaProjects/tomcat-jakartaee-migration/target/jakartaee-migration-1.0.1-bin.zip
[INFO] Building tar: /Users/lihan/IdeaProjects/tomcat-jakartaee-migration/target/jakartaee-migration-1.0.1-src.tar.gz
[INFO] Building zip: /Users/lihan/IdeaProjects/tomcat-jakartaee-migration/target/jakartaee-migration-1.0.1-src.zip

Han

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 06/09/2022 14:10, Han Li wrote> I found that bz2 file is generated
when use apache-release profile (-P apache-release)

Thanks. That helps.

Mark

Posted by Han Li <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.