Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frank Parato <Fr...@liz.com> on 2005/01/12 13:55:18 UTC

Shutdown port

Is there a way to remove the shutdown port on a server ?  I tried
pulling the "port=8005" option out, but it still listens on that port
and I'm able to shut it down.

RE: Shutdown port

Posted by Rajaneesh <ra...@slk-soft.com>.
Hey!

I had a question! Can you shutdown the machine by typing
http://localhost:8005 in the browser?
I thought this was disabled in the Tomcat version 4 onwards?

Regards
Rajaneesh

Posted by Ben Ricker <br...@brick.net>.

Re: Shutdown port

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
 From what I understand from other postings, no.  However, the shutdown
port is bound to the localhost interface so only a connection from
127.0.0.1 will work.  Joe Schmoe client out in internet land can't
shutdown your tomcat service.

--David