Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2009/12/29 12:45:50 UTC

Compiling a list of speakers

If you don't want to be publicly listed as a potential ASF speaker stop
reading now.

Sally recently mentioned that she wanted to compile a list of speakers,
I responded that the Community Development project has been working on
some software to present this in a usable form for the end user.

This software is now ready to go live (at present it allows one to
search for potential speakers near a certain location and returns a map
with details for the nearest 20 speakers). Nick is currently working
with infra folk to get it hosted.

We need to compile a list of potential speakers. I'm starting with prc@
so we have a reasonably small number of test cases in the first
instance, this will be taken to members@ and then committers@ once we
have ironed out the details.

If you already have an entry on http://people.apache.org (with
geolocatoin data) you only need to tell me that you want to be included
on the app. Email addresses are not provided by the app, people will be
encouraged to contact the speakers via PRC.

If you don't currently have an entry on http://people.apache.org then
see the instructions at http://people.apache.org/foaf/index.html, once
completed let me know and I'll include you on the list of spekers.

So, please let me have your foaf details if you want including in the
list of speakers on this developing app.

Ross

Re: Compiling a list of speakers

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> If you don't want to be publicly listed as a potential ASF speaker stop
> reading now.
>
> Sally recently mentioned that she wanted to compile a list of speakers,
> I responded that the Community Development project has been working on
> some software to present this in a usable form for the end user.
>
> This software is now ready to go live (at present it allows one to
> search for potential speakers near a certain location and returns a map
> with details for the nearest 20 speakers). Nick is currently working
> with infra folk to get it hosted.
>
> We need to compile a list of potential speakers. I'm starting with prc@
> so we have a reasonably small number of test cases in the first
> instance, this will be taken to members@ and then committers@ once we
> have ironed out the details.
>
> If you already have an entry on http://people.apache.org (with
> geolocatoin data) you only need to tell me that you want to be included
> on the app. Email addresses are not provided by the app, people will be
> encouraged to contact the speakers via PRC.
>
> If you don't currently have an entry on http://people.apache.org then
> see the instructions at http://people.apache.org/foaf/index.html, once
> completed let me know and I'll include you on the list of spekers.
>
> So, please let me have your foaf details if you want including in the
> list of speakers on this developing app.
>
> Ross

Please add me. Thanks

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Compiling a list of speakers

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <g....@sourcesense.com>.
On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> wrote:
> If you don't currently have an entry on http://people.apache.org then see
> the instructions at http://people.apache.org/foaf/index.html, once completed
> let me know and I'll include you on the list of spekers.

Happy to help - just committed my updated FOAF stuff.

--
Gianugo Rabellino
M: +44 779 5364 932 / +39 389 44 26 846

Re: Compiling a list of speakers

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@apache.org>.
Please add me. Thx.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 3:45 AM, Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> wrote:
> If you already have an entry on http://people.apache.org (with geolocatoin
> data) you only need to tell me that you want to be included on the app.
> Email addresses are not provided by the app, people will be encouraged to
> contact the speakers via PRC.

Please add me.  (I just re-added my FOAF file to p.a.o.)  Thanks!  -- justin