Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org> on 2018/03/22 18:47:12 UTC

Solr JSON.Facet range over function values

Hello,

What do you think about extending JSON.Range facet with "func" parameter?
Since range supports different types, it also needs "funcType" parameter,
which will be looked up in schema.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

Re: Solr JSON.Facet range over function values

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 2:47 PM, Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What do you think about extending JSON.Range facet with "func" parameter?

Yep, it's been on my roadmap... not sure if an explicit JIRA has been
opened though.
It's related to code to lookup by document (using docValues or
function) rather than using range queries to form buckets:
SOLR-9868 RangeFacet : Use DocValues for accs and docSet collection
instead of RangeQuery
SOLR-10528Use docvalue for range faceting in JSON facet API

Also somewhat related to:
SOLR-11765 Ability to Facet on a Function

> Since range supports different types, it also needs "funcType" parameter,

Or rather, types should be part of functions (i.e. you should be able
to ask a function the type it produces).  Many places need this.

> which will be looked up in schema.

? I don't understand that part.

-Yonik