Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2005/07/31 08:56:23 UTC

attracting attention to issues (Was: svn commit: r226346)

ferdinand@apache.org wrote:
>Author: ferdinand
>Date: Fri Jul 29 04:12:11 2005
>New Revision: 226346

>Log:
>Added forrest.maxmemory setting so that site-author builds without error

>+# Max memory to allocate to Java
>+forrest.maxmemory=128m

The trouble with adding a workaround to SVN is that
people are then less inclined to investigate the problem.
Out of sight, out of mind.

My technique was to just send mail to the mailing list
to say that i had to increase it. I should have also
explained it better at issue FOR-572 and raised the
priority.

We should start using Jira to send a summary
of key issues to the dev list to remind us.

David

Re: attracting attention to issues (Was: svn commit: r226346)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:

> We should start using Jira to send a summary
> of key issues to the dev list to remind us.

I have recently been experimenting with the "subscriptions" in Jira. I
can set it up so that we get a regular mail listing all issues in a
particular search.

I can set up a subscription for the dev list that sends a list of all
open issues against the last release and all critical or blocker issues?

I propose sending this once a week, say Tuesday.

I'll do this sometime next week unless there is a -1 (lazy consensus in
operation).

Ross