Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by sreekar <tr...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/23 14:42:35 UTC

Can the messages be filtered in asynchronous mode of operation ?

Hi Guys,

Can we use *selector* when sending (and receiving) the messages in
asynchronous mode ?

There are some functions *receiveSelected* in *CmsTemplate* class.
In the comments it is mentioned that /Performs a synchronous read consuming
only messages identified by the given selector/.

Are there any options available to use *selector* in asynchronous mode ?

Our usage scenario is something like:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#1 The producer will write messages to queue by setting some properties
(correlationID, TimeToLive, expiryTime...etc)
#2 At the consumer-end we are trying to read the messages by checking the
properties set (in message) while sending it.

The operation happens in asynchronous mode.

Is there any other indirect-way to accomplish this task.

Half Baked Thoughts #1

May be creating a temp-dest and re-playing the queue-messages onto the
temp-dest (synchronously) by using the above method *recieveSelected()*.
I will noting down the number while performing the match on the messages
since the message read needs to be removed from the main queue.

Is there any method to remove a particular message (not the first one) from
the Queue ?

Half Baked Thoughts #2

Create a queueBrowser object with the selector.
We can know the the message-matched (if it exists).
But can i delete the (matched) message from main queue after reading via
queueBrowser ?

Please let me know your views on what would be the best approach to handle
this case.

Any suggestions are of great help and would be appreciable.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Sreekar