Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Dirk.vanGulik" <Di...@jrc.it> on 1996/06/12 18:01:16 UTC

command block distinction

When one allows the same command directove to appear in both the
access.conf file as well as in the srm.conf file, how do you
distingisish them:

i.e. I want to have

{ "Anonymous_LogFile", anon_set_anon_logfile,
    NULL,OR_ALL, TAKE1,
	"logfile for anonymous 'email/passwords'"
	},

by using the

char *anon_set_anon_logfile_1 (cmd_parms *cmd,
	anon_auth_config_rec *sec, char *arg)

	cmd, sec and arg

in an intelligent way or whatever to work out if
I should store it in sec (for access.conf, or
that I have to work my way to the module config
from the cmd. Or is this a bug and should sec
already point to the module-config as it does
during the access.conf load; would make more
sence to me !

and not:

{ "Anonymous_LogFile_1", anon_set_anon_logfile,
    NULL,OR_ALL, TAKE1,
	"logfile for anonymous 'email/passwords'"
	},
{ "Anonymous_LogFile", anon_set_anon_logfile,
    NULL,OR_ALL, TAKE1,
	"logfile for anonymous 'email/passwords'"
	},

/* handling for access.conf */
char *anon_set_anon_logfile_1 (cmd_parms *cmd,
	anon_auth_config_rec *sec, char *arg) {
    sec->auth_anon_logfile=arg;
    pec->auth_anon_logfile=arg;
    return NULL;
}
/* handling for srm.conf */
char *anon_set_anon_logfile_2 (cmd_parms *cmd,
	anon_auth_config_rec *sec, char *arg) {
    anon_auth_config_rec *pec=
	(anon_auth_config_rec *) get_module_config(cmd->server->module_config,&anon_auth_module);
    pec->auth_anon_logfile=arg;
    return NULL;
}

Thanks !

Dw.

Re: command block distinction

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>.
On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, Dirk.vanGulik wrote:

> When one allows the same command directove to appear in both the
> access.conf file as well as in the srm.conf file, how do you
> distingisish them:

[...]

> char *anon_set_anon_logfile_1 (cmd_parms *cmd,
> 	anon_auth_config_rec *sec, char *arg)

Look at cmd->path. If it's NULL, it's a server config directive. If
cmd->path contains a directory (or location, actually), it's a per-dir
config directive (this includes <Directory>, <Location> and .htaccess
files, if the command applies to them).

At least, I think that'd work.

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>
   http://www.nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us/~akosut/