Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by EricKnight <to...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/08 01:11:52 UTC

Configure customized deny page for tomcat JDBCRealm authorization

Hi,

Tow users, user1 and user2, are setup for tomcat. User1 can visit page1 and
page2, but user2 can see only page2. Using the form based authentication and
authorization, how to configure the denied page? It is not the error page.
If the user types in wrong username/password, tomcat will display the error
page. But if the user types in a valid username/password but without the
permission to visit a page, tomcat will display a not-nice page for the
denied page. Does anyone know how to configure a customized denied page?

Thanks,

Eric.

Re: Configure customized deny page for tomcat JDBCRealm authorization

Posted by Lyallex <ly...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I'm using Tomcat 5.5.17

To configure Tomcat to serve up a non default http 403 status code page
which is what I think you are talking about you need to add something
like the following to your web.xml

 <error-page>
  	<error-code>403</error-code>
  	<location>/errorcodes/ec403.jsp</location>
  </error-page>

You can override all Tomcats default error pages in this way I think

see http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html for all the
error codes you might want to consider (if you have nothing better to
do with your time that is ;-)

Rgds
Duncan