Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2004/03/04 00:32:00 UTC

#Servers

I don't think I really have the cause to be as happy with this as I am:

    http://gump.try.sybase.com/httpunit/httpunit.html#Servers

... but it really tickles me.

It isn't important, it isn't earth shaking, and most users will probably
overlook it & care less. Perhaps, for those reasons alone, I like that it
exists.

I need to make the presentation prettier, and add information (like time of
last builds, sequence in state, etc) but it is a start. Each Gump reads the
last results.xml of the others (if it exists) and hence knows the 'latest
news' per module/project from the other Gumps. (I suspect, more than
anything, it'll help Gump admins identify an issue in one servers
environment.)

Our public Gumps are starting to talking to each other. Perhaps this is the
first small step in them forming their own community... ;-)

regards,

Adam

Some reference:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=gump@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=1332722

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=gump@jakarta.apache.org&msgId=1185988
--
Experience the Unwired Enterprise:
http://www.sybase.com/unwiredenterprise

Re: LocalCheck (was Re: #Servers)

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
> BTW: Would you be game to add this feature, if required? I agree folks need
> as much help as possible with shrinking profiles down to a bear minimum.

Currently still in the "after" the move fase at my place (they start
tearing down the bathroom tomorrow) and still have to get my gump box up
and running (crashed a long time ago), so lot's of work in that area..
I'll see if I can get my gump(y) box up and running between other
chores..
Since I don't know python, it will be a challenge to create a localcheck
for gumpy... :)

Mvgr,
Martin

> regards,
>
> Adam

Mvgr,
Martin

LocalCheck (was Re: #Servers)

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
Martin,

> Just a quick note. Saw httpunit fail on a prereq. I wrote the java
> version of LocalCheck (which checks if the downloaded prereqs are al
> present), is there a replacement for this already ? It is very usefull
> when setting up gump :)

Hmm, I don't think I ever knew of LocalCheck (until I just did a search) and
I really could have used it back when I suffered trying to manually trim my
descriptors and install packages for some local Gumps. I did gen after gen
after gen, much to my misery...

There are far more Gumpy scripts, heck -- even a GUI that needs some love --
that do lots of stuff. If one doesn't exist for what you say, one could be
written without much issue, I feel. Let me think on this one overnight, and
do a search in the morning, I fear that if I answered it now I'd miss the
full answer.

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
Martin wrote:

> Just a quick note. Saw httpunit fail on a prereq. I wrote the java
> version of LocalCheck (which checks if the downloaded prereqs are al
> present), is there a replacement for this already ? It is very usefull
> when setting up gump :)

I need to put this information into the Wiki, so we can all know it/build
upon it, so I will....

> Since I don't know python, it will be a challenge to create a localcheck
> for gumpy... :)

As a Java programmer you'd be amazed at how much Python you know. At the
middle-of-the-road level (like me) on can consider the difference as mainly
syntactic. Indents (instead of {} blocks) take a little while to get used
to, but you soon love them.

regards

Adam

Re: #Servers

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
Adam,

Just a quick note. Saw httpunit fail on a prereq. I wrote the java
version of LocalCheck (which checks if the downloaded prereqs are al
present), is there a replacement for this already ? It is very usefull
when setting up gump :)

mvgr,
Martin