Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it> on 2012/12/03 10:12:38 UTC

rivet 2.0.6 released

Rivet 2.0.6 has been released. Rivet 2.0.6 is a bug fix release for the
2.0 version of Rivet, still supporting Apache 1.3 and Tcl 8.4

Rivet 2.0.6 Release Notes

Test Suite

     - User and Group directives removed from the configuration file
template to make test suite independent from the command 'id' output
from which the values for this parameters were inferred (Bug #53396)

mod_rivet.c

     - Add UploadDirectory to the list of handled options for RivetUserConf
     - The module returns now a HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR when a
::request namespace cannot be created

DIO Package bug fixes

     - Improved DIO support for Sqlite fixes several bugs.
     - Fixed secs computation made by dio_Mysql when handling timestamp
fields.
     - Fixed wrong declaration of 'insert' subcommand in page manual
(Bug #53670)
     - Fixed method makeDBFieldValue in class Oracle (Bug #53703)
     - Method 'count' failed when no keyfield was set.
     - Index riv_sess_cache_ix had a incomplete unique key definition
that missed the 'package_' column (fixes bug #54063)

  -- Massimo

Re: rivet 2.0.6 and rivet 2.1.0 rpms available

Posted by Massimo Manghi <mx...@apache.org>.
Hi Harald

On 12/06/2012 04:10 PM, Harald Oehlmann wrote:
> Thanks to Massimo for releasing Rivet finally !
>
> ---
>
> There are rpms available for rivet 2.0.6 and 2.1.0 at:
>
> http://software.opensuse.org/package/apache2-mod_rivet?search_term=rivet
>
> They are all "unstable", I don't know why.
>
> Rivet 2.1.0 does not build on all Redhat flavours, because they use
> tcl8.5.7 and Rivet requires 8.5.10. Only Fedora has a recent tcl.
>
> If this requirement is not technically necessary, I would think of
> requireing 8.5.7, as this is available on those very common platforms.

8.5.10 changed the ldopen flag from global to local. The global flag
caused a segfault when calling Tcl_PkgRequire. I don't know if there is
a purpose for keeping Tcl 6 bug fix releases behind.

> Side note:
> The page:
> http://tcl.apache.org/rivet/static/download.html
> may be modified: CentOS5 ->  CentOS

  I'm going to change it tomorrow. thanks

  -- Massimo

rivet 2.0.6 and rivet 2.1.0 rpms available

Posted by Harald Oehlmann <ha...@elmicron.de>.
Thanks to Massimo for releasing Rivet finally !

---

There are rpms available for rivet 2.0.6 and 2.1.0 at:

http://software.opensuse.org/package/apache2-mod_rivet?search_term=rivet

They are all "unstable", I don't know why.

Rivet 2.1.0 does not build on all Redhat flavours, because they use
tcl8.5.7 and Rivet requires 8.5.10. Only Fedora has a recent tcl.

If this requirement is not technically necessary, I would think of
requireing 8.5.7, as this is available on those very common platforms.

Here is the summary (all x86 32 and 64 bit):
2.0.6 and 2.1.0:
- OpenSuse Factory, TumbleWeed, 12.2, 12.1
- Fedora 17
2.0.6 only:
- OpenSuSE 11.4, SLE-11
- Fedora 16