Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by dk...@ccilindia.co.in on 2020/02/26 06:30:24 UTC

Unable to start tomcat

Dear Team

I have updated JRE from jre1.8.0_25 to jre1.8.0_211 on my window server
2012. and My tomcat version is apache-tomcat-8.0.41.
It was running fine last 6 hours but now I am getting error while stating
the tomcat

26-Feb-2020 11:22:23.600 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint.allocatePoller Poller creation
failed
 org.apache.tomcat.jni.Error: 730055: An operation on a socket could not
be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because
a queue was full.
        at org.apache.tomcat.jni.Poll.create(Native Method)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint.allocatePoller(AprEndpoint.java:881)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Poller.init(AprEndpoint.java:1431)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint.startInternal(AprEndpoint.java:707)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AbstractEndpoint.start(AbstractEndpoint.java:828)
        at
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.start(AbstractProtocol.java:491)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.startInternal(Connector.java:986)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:145)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal(StandardService.java:459)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:145)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.startInternal(StandardServer.java:789)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:145)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:629)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:351)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:485)

Please suggest .

Thanks & Regards
Deepak Kumar
CCIL - IT
022-61546230
CIN of CCIL- U65990MH2001PLC131804
"Disclaimer and confidentiality clause -
 This message and any attachments relating to official business of CCIL OR ANY OF IT'S SUBSIDIARIES is proprietary to CCIL and intended for the original addressee only.
The message may contain information that is confidential and subject to legal privilege.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the original sender immediately and destroy the message and copies thereof and any attachments contained in it .
 If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy, use, distribute, or take any action in connection therewith.
 CCIL cannot ensure that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, viruses, interception and/or interference.
CCIL is not liable whatsoever for loss or damage resulting from the opening of this message and/or attachments and/or the use of the information contained in this message and/or attachments."

Re: Unable to start tomcat

Posted by dk...@ccilindia.co.in.
Dear Jason,

Thank you for link. As per below link. I have started our Window Server
and problem has been resolved. We are able to start our tomcat.
But my worry is, I am unable to find out Root Cause of problem. And how to
handle it in future.
Do we have any way to monitor buffer space or queue size or do we have any
other way to free buffer space or queue size without starting the window
server.
-------
have you try google?
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4415175/an-operation-on-a-socket-could-not-be-performed-because-the-system-lacked-suffi