Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nguyen Anh Tu <ng...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/31 08:45:22 UTC

[GSoC] Generate API doc

Hi guys,

I need your help about generating api document for some new API I added.
Without this, building failed:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/mint/cloudstack/gsoc/gre/sdnextension/cloudstack/tools/apidoc/gen_toc.py",
line 189, in <module>
    category = choose_category(fn)
  File
"/home/mint/cloudstack/gsoc/gre/sdnextension/cloudstack/tools/apidoc/gen_toc.py",
line 169, in choose_category
    (fn, __file__))
Exception: Need to add a category for listOvsElements.xml to
/home/mint/cloudstack/gsoc/gre/sdnextension/cloudstack/tools/apidoc/gen_toc.py:known_categories

I can bypass it with a tricky by declaring the new APIs to known_categories
but it's an unofficial way.

N.g.U.y.e.N.A.n.H.t.U

Re: [GSoC] Generate API doc

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 01:45:22PM +0700, Nguyen Anh Tu wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I need your help about generating api document for some new API I added.
> Without this, building failed:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "/home/mint/cloudstack/gsoc/gre/sdnextension/cloudstack/tools/apidoc/gen_toc.py",
> line 189, in <module>
>     category = choose_category(fn)
>   File
> "/home/mint/cloudstack/gsoc/gre/sdnextension/cloudstack/tools/apidoc/gen_toc.py",
> line 169, in choose_category
>     (fn, __file__))
> Exception: Need to add a category for listOvsElements.xml to
> /home/mint/cloudstack/gsoc/gre/sdnextension/cloudstack/tools/apidoc/gen_toc.py:known_categories
>
> I can bypass it with a tricky by declaring the new APIs to known_categories
> but it's an unofficial way.

Simply add a common substring in your API to the most logical category
you find or include a new category if unsuitable.

listOvsElements
createOvsElement
deleteOvsElement

can go into 'OvsElement' : 'NetworkElement'

--
Prasanna.,