Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> on 2012/04/22 19:14:02 UTC

Apache CMS for Sling

Hi all,

I am currently taking another stab at converting our Confluence site to use the new ASF CMS.

So, expect lots of commit messages while the site is being built for the staging site. You can look at it (currently rather horrible ...) at http://sling.staging.apache.org

Regards
Felix

Re: Apache CMS for Sling

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
Although I havent used Apache CMS markup (yet), this sounds like a
good move especially the "Good citizenship" bit. I had a look at the
converted site so far and it looks great to me. just my 2c.
Ian

Re: Apache CMS for Sling

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Ok, thanks for the updates Bertrand and Felix.

As I said, I have no real preference - if switching is easy and does
not come with too many problems, let's do it :)

Regards
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Apache CMS for Sling

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Am 23.04.2012 um 11:55 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> wrote:
>>> ...hmm, I'm wondering what our plan here is :) I know that we talked
>>> about it long time ago, recently Bertrand tried to use some new
>>> mechanism which would allow us to keep Confluence...
>
> Yes, see SLING-2002 - I haven't had time to finish that up but the
> export at [1] looked quite good already last time I tried.
>
>> ...There would be a a mechanism (IIRC Camel uses it) to regularly poll for updates and convert them in to
>> svnpubsub stuff. This polling and conversion is IMHO brittle and prone for failure....
>
> It's that mechanism that I tried in SLING-2002, and AFAIU the idea is
> that you edit content in Confluence, then run a Maven build that
> updates the corresponding content in svn, and commit that for almost
> instant publishing. If you already ran that Maven build before,
> previous results are cached locally so it's fairly quick.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. Sorry.

> If you can fully convert the existing content to Apache CMS format,
> that would be a more direct mechanism, of course.

I would prefer, yes.

Regards
Felix

Re: Apache CMS for Sling