Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Jürgen CXF User <fa...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/01 10:26:22 UTC

Parallel Web Service Requests with different configurations?

Hello,
I want to know if it is possible to send SOAP web service request parallel
with different configurations. With different configuration I mean one
request with reliable messaging protocol and the other request un-reliable.
I tested that already but I recognized that each time I send out an request
I have to call the bus.shutdown() method so that the different configured
request could be successfully processed. But I am uncertain if this is the
right way to do that to shutdown the cxf bus each time.
Have someone experience in that topic?
Thanks in advance for your support
Best regards,
  Jürgen

Re: Parallel Web Service Requests with different configurations?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thursday 02 December 2010 6:40:58 am Jürgen CXF User wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks Daniel for your fast response. Is my understanding right that I have
> to create for each differnently configured web service client instance an
> own bus instance?

No.  You can have one bus with many different client objects associated with
it.   Each client can have it's own configuration.

Basically, the "Bus" is more for "application level" configuration that you
want to provide for everything in the application.    For more specific
things, you would configure it on the endpoint or client.   Pretty much all
the configuration options you stick on the bus (like properties and
interceptors and such) can be applied to the client objects intead.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Parallel Web Service Requests with different configurations?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 01 December 2010 4:26:22 am Jürgen CXF User wrote:
> Hello,
> I want to know if it is possible to send SOAP web service request parallel
> with different configurations. With different configuration I mean one
> request with reliable messaging protocol and the other request un-reliable.
> I tested that already but I recognized that each time I send out an request
> I have to call the bus.shutdown() method so that the different configured
> request could be successfully processed. But I am uncertain if this is the
> right way to do that to shutdown the cxf bus each time.
> Have someone experience in that topic?
> Thanks in advance for your support

If you tie the configuration to a particular client, and not the bus, it
should definitley  be possible.  You could have a separate "RM" instance of
the client and a non-RM instance and use which one appropriately.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org