Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by je...@bnf.fr on 2019/02/08 10:36:06 UTC

Issue with dataimport xml validation with dtd and jetty: conflict of use for user.dir variable

Hello,

I use solr and dataimport to index xml files with a dtd.
The dtd is referenced like this
<!DOCTYPE ead PUBLIC "+//ISBN 1-931666-00-8//DTD ead.dtd (Encoded Archival
Description (EAD) Version 2002)//EN" "ead.dtd">

Previously we were using solr4 in a tomcat container.
During the import process, solr tries to validate the xml file with the
dtd.
To find it we were defining -Duser.dir=pathToDtD and solr could find te
dtd and validation was working

Now, we are migrating to solr7 (and jetty embedded)
When we start solr  with -a "-Duser.dir=pathToDtd", solr doesn't start and
returns an error: Cannot find jetty main class

So I removed the a "-Duser.dir=pathToDtd" option, and solr starts.
BUT
Now solr cannot anymore open xml file, because it doesn't find the dtd
during validation stage.

Is there a way to:
- activate an xml catalog file to indicate where the dtd is? (Seems it
would be the better way, fat I didn't find how to do)
- disable dtd validation

Jérôme Dupont
Bibliothèque Nationale de France
Département des Systèmes d'Information
Tour T3 - Quai François Mauriac
75706 Paris Cedex 13
téléphone: 33 (0)1 53 79 45 40
e-mail: jerome.dupont@bnf.fr

Pass BnF lecture/culture : bibliothèques, expositions, conférences, concerts en illimité pour 15 € / an  –  Acheter en ligne Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.