Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Trevor Harmon <tr...@vocaro.com> on 2009/03/24 20:03:58 UTC

Does a plugin with no executions need to be marked inherited?

Hi,

I have a parent POM that configures the Compiler plugin for Java 1.4.
It modifies the plugin's configuration and does not define any goals
or executions. In such a situation, does setting the plugin's
<inherited> element to true have any effect? For example:

<plugin>
	<configuration>
		<source>1.4</source>
		<target>1.4</target>
	</configuration>
	<inherited>true</inherited>
</plugin>

My tests (using help:effective-pom) indicate that <inherited> has no
effect on whether this configuration get passed on to children, but
does anyone know for sure? Thanks,

Trevor

RE: Does a plugin with no executions need to be marked inherited?

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Inherited is true by default. Prior to 2.0.9, only executions could be
marked to not inherit, not the entire config.