Posted to user@flink.apache.org by zavalit <za...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/30 11:21:08 UTC

flink-1.6.2 in standalone-job mode | Cluster initialization failed.

Hi,
just tried to launch flink app in flink-1.6.2 and get

2018-10-30 11:07:19,961 ERROR
org.apache.flink.runtime.entrypoint.ClusterEntrypoint         - Cluster
initialization failed.
java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.apache.flink.runtime.entrypoint.ClusterEntrypoint.createResourceManager(Lorg/apache/flink/configuration/Configuration;Lorg/apache/flink/runtime/clusterframework/types/ResourceID;Lorg/apache/flink/runtime/rpc/RpcService;Lorg/apache/flink/runtime/highavailability/HighAvailabilityServices;Lorg/apache/flink/runtime/heartbeat/HeartbeatServices;Lorg/apache/flink/runtime/metrics/MetricRegistry;Lorg/apache/flink/runtime/rpc/FatalErrorHandler;Lorg/apache/flink/runtime/entrypoint/ClusterInformation;Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/apache/flink/runtime/resourcemanager/ResourceManager;
	at
org.apache.flink.runtime.entrypoint.ClusterEntrypoint.startClusterComponents(ClusterEntrypoint.java:338)
	at
org.apache.flink.runtime.entrypoint.ClusterEntrypoint.runCluster(ClusterEntrypoint.java:232)
	at
org.apache.flink.runtime.entrypoint.ClusterEntrypoint.lambda$startCluster$0(ClusterEntrypoint.java:190)
	at
org.apache.flink.runtime.security.NoOpSecurityContext.runSecured(NoOpSecurityContext.java:30)
	at
org.apache.flink.runtime.entrypoint.ClusterEntrypoint.startCluster(ClusterEntrypoint.java:189)
	at
org.apache.flink.container.entrypoint.StandaloneJobClusterEntryPoint.main(StandaloneJobClusterEntryPoint.java:176)

complete log is here:
https://gist.github.com/zavalit/4dba49cdea45c6f56f947a7dcec1a666

job manager is started with:
./bin/standalone-job.sh start-foreground --configDir conf --job-classname
MyEntryClass

the same app runs as it is in flink-1.6.1, the only thing that have changed
is a flink version

thx in advance, for any insides

Re: flink-1.6.2 in standalone-job mode | Cluster initialization failed.

Posted by zavalit <za...@gmail.com>.
jepp, that was the Issue.
tnx a lot.

Re: flink-1.6.2 in standalone-job mode | Cluster initialization failed.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Zavalit,

the AbstractMethodError indicates that there must be some kind of version
conflict. From Flink 1.6.1 to 1.6.2 we modified the signature of
`ClusterEntrypoint#createResourceManager` which causes the problem if you
mix up versions. Could you check that you don't mix Flink 1.6.1 and 1.6.2
classes. Please also make sure that you don't bundle Flink runtime classes
in your job jar. If you do this, then please recompile the job with the
Flink version or remove these classes.

Cheers,
Till