Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Scott Glass <sc...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/24 18:19:11 UTC

Logging several IIS apps.

Can anyone give me an example of how we would have one localized
configuration script or DB repository to control logging within an IIS Web
Server framework?  Right now we're maintaining a logging.xml for each
application (virtual directory, alias, etc.) in our system. I'd like to move
it all to the wwwroot folder and have one instance, is this possible?

I've been using the assembly property below to configure each app.  Pointing
it to logging.xml.

[assembly: log4net.Config.XmlConfigurator(ConfigFile = "logging.xml", Watch
= true)]

But this seems to require that logging.xml be in the root of each
application.

Thanks,

Scott