Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Xerces Rule <xe...@bilbao.com> on 2002/01/22 16:59:03 UTC

Debug Assertion Failed

Hi again.

I succeeded in inserting a function to obtain the text
string from a Node:

void myFunciton (DOM_Node input, char *output) {
	char *attrValC = input.getNodeValue().transcode();

	try {
		strcpy(output,attrValC);
		delete [] attrValC;
	}
	catch (...) {
		delete [] attrValC;
		throw;
	}
}

I've got no problems with the Release Program (VC++6.0 on
NT4.0), but when executing the Debug one, I get this pop up
error message:
Debug Assertion Failed
Program: dbgheap.c
Line: 1044
Expression: _CtrlsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)

I've been browsing the Internet, and there are more similar
cases. I would be extremely obliged if anybody could explain
me if this is an Xerces bug, a MS bug or I am to blame.

Regards.