Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org> on 2017/02/03 21:56:08 UTC

6.3 Admin UI - Segments info tab doesn't draw deletions correctly

Solr 6.3, not in cloud mode.

Here is a screenshot of the problematic UI:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aehcgf20zb0du01/solr-6.3-segments.png?dl=0

The admin UI has drawn the large segment such that it looks like almost
the entire segment is deleted docs, which clearly isn't the case, as the
hovertext shows.

The second segment shown has 10426 docs in it, with 25 deletions, yet
the graph is drawn as if about a quarter of the docs are deleted.

Worth a Jira?  I am not in a position where I can check this with 6.4.
I'd be interested in knowing whether 6.4 behaves the same.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: 6.3 Admin UI - Segments info tab doesn't draw deletions correctly

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 2/3/2017 2:56 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> Solr 6.3, not in cloud mode.
<snip>
> The admin UI has drawn the large segment such that it looks like
> almost the entire segment is deleted docs, which clearly isn't the
> case, as the hovertext shows.

I've got some different servers that are running 5.3.2-SNAPSHOT.  I
built that version from branch_5x on 2016-01-20.  The graphs look
correct there.

Thanks,
Shawn