Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@apache.org> on 2023/03/11 08:45:38 UTC

[4.18][RC3][VOTE] new release candidate 4.18.0.0-RC20230311T0935

Hi All,

I've created a new 4.18 release candidate, with the following
artifacts up for a vote:

Git Branch and Commit
SH:https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/4.18.0.0-RC20230311T0935
Commit: 0574087284f8b646ebc41617cfd70b3a31e3ae94

Source release (checksums and signatures are available at the same
location): https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.18.0.0

PGP release keys (signed using
256ABDFB8D89EDE07540BE6ACEF9E802B86FEED4):https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS

Vote will be open for 72 hours. (aiming for wednesday late)

For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be sure to
indicate "(binding)" with their vote?

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

As usual lately, I will work on getting some convenience packages
ready and will follow up on this thread to link you to those.

enjoy

Re: [4.18][RC3][VOTE] new release candidate 4.18.0.0-RC20230311T0935

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 (binding)

Tested the main operations on KVM EL8, Vmware 7 and XCPng 8.2 envs with advanced networking

Regards,
Nicolas Vazquez

From: Boris Stoyanov <bo...@shapeblue.com>
Date: Wednesday, 15 March 2023 at 06:32
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: users <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>, PMC <pr...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [4.18][RC3][VOTE] new release candidate 4.18.0.0-RC20230311T0935
+1 (binding )

Tested the packages and did some main lifecycle operations, looks good.

Thanks,
Bobby.

From: Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>
Date: Tuesday, 14 March 2023, 14:18
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: users <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>, PMC <pr...@cloudstack.apache.org>
+1 (binding)

Tested Advance zone env with mbx for two environments: (a) 2x VMware 8 and EL8 mgmt server, (b) EL9 hosts with EL8 mgmt server. Tested basic systemvm and normal VM lifecycle (start/stop/deploy), isolated network lifecycle (acquire IP, egress rules, pf, fw rules), manually tested console (on VMware8 and secured vnc on EL9 host). Tested login and operations as both root admin and normal user account.

Regards.

________________________________
+1 from me (binding) based on testing I've done with KVM and SG zones
(in addition to my previous testing on regular advanced zones).

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Boris Stoyanov <bo...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 (binding )

Posted by Boris Stoyanov <bo...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 (binding )

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Nux <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Nux <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@apache.org>.
packages are available at

Posted by Simon Weller <si...@gmail.com>.
Installed RC3 from packages on AlmaLinux 8.

Tested -
KVM advanced zone
Isolated network and VPC network
VM Lifecycle Management