Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jerry Jalenak <Je...@LABONE.com> on 2003/10/08 16:51:16 UTC

[OT] JSTL Taglib Definition in WEB.XML

All,

After reading the JSTL docs on the Jakarta web site, and googling for about
an hour, I can't seem to find a answer.  So, for all of you JSTL guru's out
there, here's the question:

	In WEB.XML, do I need to specify the '-rt' taglibs?  In other words,
do I need both of these, or only one or 'em?

	<taglib>
		<taglib-uri>
			/c-rt
		</taglib-uri>
		<taglib-location>
			/WEB-INF/tld/c-rt.tld
		</taglib-location>
	</taglib>

	<taglib>
		<taglib-uri>
			/c
		</taglib-uri>
		<taglib-location>
			/WEB-INF/tld/c.tld
		</taglib-location>
	</taglib>

	... etc etc etc ...

Thanks!

Jerry Jalenak
Team Lead, Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS  66219
(913) 577-1496

jerry.jalenak@labone.com

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this transmission in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify
LabOne at the following email address: securityincidentreporting@labone.com

Re: [OT] JSTL Taglib Definition in WEB.XML

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Jerry Jalenak <Je...@LABONE.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> After reading the JSTL docs on the Jakarta web site, and googling for
> about
> an hour, I can't seem to find a answer.  So, for all of you JSTL guru's
> out
> there, here's the question:
>
> 	In WEB.XML, do I need to specify the '-rt' taglibs?  In other words,
> do I need both of these, or only one or 'em?

Neither.  The great thing about Servlet 2.3 is that you don't need taglib
declarations in web.xml.  Just drop the jar into WEB-INF/lib and use the
standard uri in your JSPs like this:

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

You only need the "rt" tags if you want to use a JSP expression <%= %> in
the tag attributes.

David