Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Robert Dale <ro...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/22 21:30:44 UTC

TinkerPop History on Wikipedia

I tried to add this 100% historically accurate timeline to wikipedia but
some guy keeps reverting my edits. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

== History ==
* 2009-11-05 That was the day Marko invented the traversal machine. He was
standing on the edge of his toilet hanging a clock, the porcelain was wet,
he slipped, hit his head on the sink, and when he came to he had a
revelation! A vision! A picture in his head! A picture of a gremlin! This
is what makes graph traversals possible.
* 2009-11-07 Future Marko visits past Marko, shows him the picture he drew,
and tells him that it works. Marko makes the first commit to TinkerPop
Gremlin.
* 2009-12-25 v0.1 is released
* 2011-05-21 v1.0 is released
* 2012-05-24 v2.0 is released
* 2015-01-16 TinkerPop becomes an Apache Incubator project
* 2015-07-09 v3.0.0-incubating is released
* 2016-05-23 Apache TinkerPop becomes a top-level project
* 2016-07-18 v3.1.3 and v3.2.1 are first Apache TinkerPop releases

I also tried updating the version but that gets reverted too.  I guess
someone is revert-happy today.

Robert Dale