Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Amn Ojee Uw <am...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/02 16:24:25 UTC

Spell checker

In my Debian 11, running Netbeans 14, the spell checker catches the
spelling mistakes; but Shift-Enter, not only does not provide a list of
possible words, it does not even open a popup window.
If this is an bug to be reported, or if it is an error on my behalf,
please let me know what I should in order to resolve this issue.
Thanks in advance!!

Re: Spell checker

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 23:33, Amn Ojee Uw <am...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Neil and thank you for the prompt response.
>
> I hope that the below better explains the choices, web pages, friends and other have giving me.
>
> CTRL-ENTER = Breaks the line in two.
> Shift-ENTER = Brings the cursor to the line below.
> Alt-ENTER = Displays a menu choice saying
> * Add {word} to the project's dictionary
> * Add {word} to your private dictionary
>
> However, I'd like to have displayed a list of suggestions, or possible {words}, to replace the misspelled {word}; as it is shown here.

Prompt, but brief and useless! :-) Sorry, was going through a bunch of
emails and issues and mixed up two suggestions in one there.

ALT+ENTER is the Fix Code action, and will open up the same menu as
attached to the lightbulb.  This will give you the list of suggestions
.. possibly.  It's a bit hit and miss sometimes - just tested
behaviour and the list grew with subsequent tries - assume some async
processing in there.

CTRL+SPACE is the Code Completion action and will also open up a list
of possible words - move the cursor back and forth through the word to
change the search prefix.  CTRL-ENTER to replace the word.

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: Spell checker

Posted by Amn Ojee Uw <am...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you are right, thank you so much!!

Re: Spell checker

Posted by László Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
When there are suggestions  they are displayed.

[image: image.png]

Re: Spell checker

Re: Spell checker

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 16:24, Amn Ojee Uw <am...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In my Debian 11, running Netbeans 14, the spell checker catches the
> spelling mistakes; but Shift-Enter, not only does not provide a list of
> possible words,

CTRL-ENTER?

Neil