Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by lb <lb...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/01 10:21:04 UTC

Re: Upstart / SystemD scripts

Hi Fabian, JB,

beside my attempt to migrate the wrapper from Tanuki to YAJSW, I'm also
working on a set of scripts for systemd, init.d, solaris smf and windows to
start karaf without the wrapper so I think it would be nice to collect
requirement, attention points and so on in a JIRA and provides such
templates in karaf distribution (i.e. in docs/contrib/scripts).

What do you think ?

Regards,
Luca

Re: Upstart / SystemD scripts

Posted by lb <lb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

wile writing init scripts for karaf I've managed to get the pid file
from bash/sh builtin as it is required for some init systems so I'm
thinking if it would make sense to enable the property
karaf.shutdown.pid.file by default (and maybe rename it to
karaf.pid.file), as I'm quite a newbie on Karaf internals, any reason
not to do so ?

Best regards,
Luca

Re: Upstart / SystemD scripts

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Upstart / SystemD scripts

Posted by lb <lb...@gmail.com>.

Re: Upstart / SystemD scripts

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks Luca,

let me take a look.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Upstart / SystemD scripts

Posted by lb <lb...@gmail.com>.

Re: Upstart / SystemD scripts

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
We love contribution ;)

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Upstart / SystemD scripts

Posted by lb <lb...@gmail.com>.
Great.

Re: Upstart / SystemD scripts

Posted by Fabian Lange <fa...@codecentric.de>.

Re: Upstart / SystemD scripts

Posted by lb <lb...@gmail.com>.

Re: Upstart / SystemD scripts

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes, please, create a Jira.

I'm reviewing the PR.

Thanks,
Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Upstart / SystemD scripts

Posted by lb <lb...@gmail.com>.

Re: Upstart / SystemD scripts

Posted by lb <lb...@gmail.com>.

Re: Upstart / SystemD scripts

Posted by Fabian Lange <fa...@codecentric.de>.

Re: Upstart / SystemD scripts

Posted by lb <lb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fabian,
I do not see the attachment

Re: Upstart / SystemD scripts

Posted by Fabian Lange <fa...@codecentric.de>.
Hi Luca,

Re: Upstart / SystemD scripts

Posted by lb <lb...@gmail.com>.
Yes outside tanuki and yajsw, they run karaf directly.
Obviously you'll lose some functionalities provided by the wrapper

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>
wrote:

> Hi Luca,
>
> You mean you have scripts "outside" of Tanuki or YAJSW ?
>
> I created SystemV & systemd for Tanuki JSW in Karaf.
>
> Sure, you can create a Jira with a patch or PR containing the scripts, I
> will check how to integrate it in the distribution.
>
> Thanks,
> Regards
> JB
>

> On 12/01/2015 10:21 AM, lb wrote:
>
>> Hi Fabian, JB,
>>
>> beside my attempt to migrate the wrapper from Tanuki to YAJSW, I'm also
>> working on a set of scripts for systemd, init.d, solaris smf and windows
>> start karaf without the wrapper so I think it would be nice to collect
>> requirement, attention points and so on in a JIRA and provides such
>> templates in karaf distribution (i.e. in docs/contrib/scripts).
>>
>> What do you think ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Luca
>>

>> On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 11:03 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Fabian,
>>>
>>> I added systemd support in JSW wrapper.
>>>
>>> I don't see any blocker to use start/stop/status scripts in systemd (or
>>> SystemV). Of course, we can improve those scripts to have a better usage
>>> via systemd. Please, if you can describe the improvements in a Jira, I
>>> will
>>> enhance it.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards