Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Da...@equifax.com on 2004/07/16 19:06:38 UTC

Problems with if tests in plugins

I'm using the jetspeed plugin for maven, and I'm experiencing a problem
with how jelly:core "if" tags are being handled.

The plugin has the following code:

        <j:if test="${maven.jetspeed.debug == 'true'}">
            <echo>[DEBUG] maven.src.dir = ${maven.src.dir}</echo>
            <echo>[DEBUG] maven.war.src = ${maven.war.src}</echo>
            <echo>[DEBUG] maven.build.dir = ${maven.build.dir}</echo>
            <echo>[DEBUG] maven.war.build.dir =
${maven.war.build.dir}</echo>
            <echo>[DEBUG] maven.dependency.classpath =
${maven.dependency.classpath}</echo>
        </j:if>

The problem I see is with the test parameter.  I can't make it evaluate to
true!  I've tried adding a "maven.jetspeed.debug = true" to various files
($HOME/build.properties, ./build.properties, ./project.properties, etc) as
well as using "-Dmaven.jetspeed.debug=true" on the command line, to no
avail.

This problem also occurs in the Torque plugin for maven.  It causes the
torque:om-zip goal to fail, because the properties that indicate what
parts of the generated OM stuff should get zipped up can't be made to
evaluate as true.

I've tried this with every release of maven I could find: 1.0rc1 through
1.0final, and the behavior is the same.

Repeated searches through google, jakarta, and the mailing lists haven't
provided an answer.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

Re: Problems with if tests in plugins

Posted by Jagadeesh Danala <da...@seis.sc.edu>.
Hi

The problem is with your expression

<j:if test ="${maven.jetspeed.debug}"> should work if the value of the
property is set to true.

Regards
Jagadeesh