Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/21 18:55:31 UTC

[VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-incubating-1.1

Hi,

I have posted our candidate for the second Apache release developed
within the ESME podling.

The candidate can be found at http://people.apache.org/~rhirsch/esme/

The results of "rat:check" are also listed in this directory.

See the CHANGES.txt file for details on release contents. The release
candidate is a tar archive of the sources in
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/esme/tags/apache-esme-1.1-incubating/

The MD5 checksum of the apache-esme-1.1-incubating.src.tar.gz release package is
2B BB 65 88 76 75 A5 19  AE 9C B3 06 98 F8 7F 03

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache ESME 1.1-incubating.

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at
least three +1 ESME PPMC votes is reached. Assuming the vote passes, I
will ask the Incubator PMC to approve the release.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache ESME 1.0-incubating

Here's my +1 (counts as ESME PPMC and Incubator PMC)

Thanks

Dick

Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-incubating-1.1

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.
+1

I wasn't online for the last week and couldn't test the current
version extensively, but based on the fact that there weren't many
changes since then, it seems in good shape.

Vassil

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com
Blog: http://speaking-my-language.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-incubating-1.1

Posted by Anne Kathrine Petterøe <yo...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
+1 (Incubator PMC)

I haven't actually run the server or anything, but doing a quick "legal
review", the src distribution looks OK.

The only comment I'd have is the inclusion of the KEYS file into the
distribution.  In general, that is discouraged as a "hacker" modifying the
distro could just stick their key in there and people may use it thinking
everything is OK.  Normally, we prefer people to always grab the signing keys
from the Apache server directly, not out of the distribution itself.  I don't
PERSONALLY see that as warranting a -1, (others may have a different opinion)
but something that should be changed for the future.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-incubating-1.1

Posted by Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in...@gmail.com>.
My vote:

+1 for release of Apache ESME 1.1-incubating

Caveat: I have not been able to do any testing...

Imtiaz

Imtiaz Ahmed Hajee Esmail
imtiaz@apache.org

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
Didn't work in IE - I'm trying to find the error.

D.

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I feel your pain. Thank you again for putting these releases together.

I've committed a fix for this issue to trunk. After someone tests it in IE,
if you want to move the keys and recreate the release 1.1 tag, we should be
ready to do that. Hopefully the next one will get through fine with just
this change and the new keys approach.

Ethan

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.