Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2007/06/01 09:58:50 UTC

Re: Load Balance sticky_session=True, am I missing something?

Concerning the load balancer worker: you need to set jvmRoute in
server.xml on your Tomcat servers. The value of the respective jvmRoute
has to be wrkr1 and wrkr2.

This will add that string to the session id (JSESSSIONID cookie or
jsessionid= URL part) and mod_jk strips it from there to learn, where
the sticky request should go to.

Regards,

Rainer

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Unfortunately most of the generic HowTos are very outdated. If you like
to contribute a docs patch:

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/miscellaneous/doccontrib.html

Regards,

Rainer