Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dalmer Azevedo <da...@hotmail.com> on 2001/12/17 23:46:19 UTC

Problems deploying a service in the Axis

WINDOWS 2000 SERVER
TOMCAT 4.0
Axis XML-Axis

Hi Guys,

I ma new to Axis but not to SOAP or webservices. I installed Tomcat and
Axis, I have the server running I can even do a
http:\\localhost:8080\axis\Calculator.jws?wdsl and it works fine.

I am trying to deploy one of the samples and I keep hiting a wall. Here is
the error that returns. Can someone help me?

NOTE: Even the Calculator.jws gives me error when I try to consume it. The
error is also similar the one shown bellow.

Thank You
Dalmer Azevedo

This test assumes a server URL of http://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/
Deploying the addressbook2 service...
Processing file: deploy.xml
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(Deserialization
Context.java:160)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getAsSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:319)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.process(AdminClient.java:235)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.main(AdminClient.java:261)
.
Running demo...
Using proxy without session maintenance.
>>Storing address for 'Purdue Boilermaker'
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(Deserialization
Context.java:160)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getAsSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:319)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:588)
        at
org.apache.axis.client.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:494)
        at samples.addr.AddressBookProxy.addEntry(AddressBookProxy.java:132)
        at samples.addr.Main.doit(Main.java:94)
        at samples.addr.Main.main(Main.java:120)